Granny Square Purse Bottom
A while back I made a video on how to crochet a Granny Square Purse. Recently a viewer asked me to show the bag bottom construction in more detail. Until I can make the video, here is a short video showing the bottom of the bag. The steps are:
- Sew together the bag front, back and sides before starting the bag bottom.
- The bag bottom is made in two halves. First pick up stitches for the bottom from the back front. Leave half of the bag side depth when you do this.
- Crochet half of the bag bottom.
- Repeat for the other half of the bag bottom starting with picking up stitches from the back of the bag.
- Sew or graft the bag bottom halves together.
- Then sew or graft together the sides with the bag bottom.
Please visit my YouTube channel to see the Granny Square Purse video. Enjoy!